We’re like fun and game at Field, but we won’t play with your data.We’ll only ever access your account to
technical difficulty - and of course, only with your knowledge and permission. We log access to all accounts by
address, so we can always verify that no unauthorized access has happened for as long as the logs are
The data we collect at Field is used solely for good. We use data to research and analyze trends and actions to
help you understand what information we collect and how we use it.
Information we collect and how we use it
- Account creation information. When you register for Field, we ask for your name, e-mail
address, a password, birthday, gender identity, address and an emergency contact. We also ask for the
and sports that you’re interested in. This information is used to personalize your account and update
information. We may also use this information to communicate with you via push notification or e-mail to
you updates. E-mails and notices sent to you from Field are considered part of the service we provide and
may not opt out of them at any time.
- Credit card information. Field collects and stores billing address and credit card
or our third party payment processors may do this on our behalf. We use account data to administer accounts
keep track of billing and payments.
- Log data. When you use Field our servers automatically record information, which includes
information that your mobile device sends whenever you are using the Field app. This log data may include
IP address, your phone type and settings, the date and time of your use of Field, information about your
configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device usage. We may collect information about the device you are using Field on, including
what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique
identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type
device you are using and its settings.
- Usage. We collect information about how you are accessing and using Field, which may
but not limited to, (1) administrative and support communications with us (2) information about your
(3) groups, events or teams that you’ve created, and (4) actions such as RSVPs. We use this information to
improve our service and user experience so we can continue to provide the best possible service to you.
Additional privacy information
- Law enforcement. Field will not provide your data to law enforcement unless required by
order. We reject requests from local and federal law enforcement when they seek data without a court order.
Unless we’re legally prevented from it, we’ll always inform you when such requests are made.
- EU-US Privacy Shield & US-Swiss Safe Harbor Policy. In compliance with the US-EU and
US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles, Field commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection
use of your personal information. European Union or Swiss citizens with inquiries or complaints regarding
Field further commits to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US and US-Swiss Safe Harbor
to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better
Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not
satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints
more information and to file a complaint.
- Encryption. Field usesSSL/TLS across our entire system to keep all connections secure. Your
password is heavily encrypted in our database using industry standards. Our database backups are also
Data isn’t encrypted while it is live in our database so that we can access it for customer service purposes
live usage information, however, we secure your data when it is at rest. We do not store any of your
data on our servers. All payment data is stored with our payment processing partner. More information on
security can be found here.
- Deleted data. When you delete your account, we’ll ensure that nothing is stored on our
- Opting out. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
and following opt-out instructions. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated “Do Not
signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
- Children’s Information. Field is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a
under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
make significant changes we will notify you. Other incremental changes will be posted to this page. If you
continue to use Field after changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.